It's almost been 4 months since I started my journey to better health. Time flys when you're having fun! Posting pics of my progress with my runs, walks and food have kept me strangely interested and motivated to one up myself. Whatever works, right?
|306 calories of nomnom lunch this week!|
Despite my injury and prolonged bed rest, the tale of the scale keeps getting better as I lost more weight and inches this week. Clearly, it's not just about exercise, but about eating your "guilty pleasures" in moderation.
|How low can I go?|
As I finished up one of my physical therapy sessions last week, I turned and noticed my flabby arms. I mean, I knew they were flabby. I even call them my bat wings, but dang.
|Fly Me To The Moon|
So I added new goal to my better health journey. I'm now doing light strength training with 3 pound weights 3 days a week to lessen the chance of flight with my arms. Haha Here's a pic from Day 1 of the app "Arm Workout - 12 Days to Perfect Arms." Well, it'll take me more than 12 days, but it's a start. I love the little awards for completing a workout. It's like getting a treat.
My great news today is that I have been cleared to go back to work! YIPPEE! I never thought I'd be so excited to return, but I am. I've been blessed with awesome colleagues who stepped up and took care of my clients while I was out on medical leave for these past 3 weeks. Now, onto getting through this:
UGH, that number of emails is scary, but I'm back to work today so YIPPEE!
And soon I'll be cleared to run. Insert bigger happy sigh here.
During the past 3 weeks, I've had a lot of time to think while being on bed rest. Not being able to sit or stand is quite the eye opener.
- Tell those you love every day how much you mean to them. Every day!
- Work will go on without you.
- Shave your legs ladies, because you never know when you physically can't do it.
- Bend with your knees and not with your back.
- Work your core at every opportunity because it will save you from possible injury.
- Find joy in what you do and peace when you do it and when you can't do it.
- Keep clothes in easy to reach places.
- Running is addicting and you'll want to do it more when you can't.
- When you're hurting, your pets will want to sit on you.
- Listen to your body and do not ignore it.
It's amazing what you want to do when you can't do it. So don't delay what you want to do. Get out there and just do it!
What exercises are best to help strengthen your core? Please share in the comments! Thank you.